Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe
Homemade Pasta Sauce
Making Pasta Sauce Is Fun
Pasta is a favorite dish in our family. We need pasta sauce to make pasta. Though pasta sauce is available in the stores, I did not like using it as I was apprehensive about the quality and the ingredients included in the recipe.
One day I decided to try and make my own pasta sauce. It turned out that making pasta sauce was so easy and simple. It took me about 25-30 minutes to make it from scratch to make a cup full of yummy pasta sauce.
Now, I am free to use it when I want to make pasta for my family.
So, let me share this detailed recipe for homemade pasta sauce with you.
- 4 tomatoes, ripe and red, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 tsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp mixed Italian seasoning, alternatively, you can use dried oregano
- 4 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- sugar, not required, as tomato sauce has some sugar
- 4-5 tsp olive oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Pasta Sauce
- Pulse chopped tomatoes in a mixer or blender, so as to get a coarse puree. The puree should be such that, there should be a few chunks of tomatoes in it. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped garlic. Saute over medium heat until they are brownish and crispy.
- Add chopped onions. Continue sauteing until they also turn brownish.
- Add tomato puree. Throw in some salt. Continue stir-cooking until tomatoes get cooked and the mixture becomes thick.
- Now, add tomato sauce. Mix well. Continue stir-cooking until the mixture becomes moderately thick and starts showing some oil on the edges.
- Add Italian seasonings, red chili powder, pepper powder, chopped basil, and remaining salt.
- Mix well. Saute over medium low heat until the sauce comes as a single lump and gets proper consistency. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite pasta sauce is ready! Make yummy pasta and indulge!
- You can store this sauce in the refrigerator up to 4 days in an air-tight jar.
- For longer shelf-life, store it in the freezer. Use it as and when needed.
Nutritional Information of Pasta Sauce
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 48 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|