Homemade Pesto Sauce
Basil Tastes Good and Is So Good for You!
The benefits of basil have been studied extensively. Various medical studies report that basil may be useful in the treatment of diseases that involve inflammation such as arthritis. Because of its antioxidant properties, basil may be helpful in the prevention of certain types of cancers. Basil contains volatile oils that help restrict the growth of numerous bacteria. What's more, basil may be an adaptogen, which is an herbal medicine that helps the body to adapt to stress. Basil's anti-aging properties are related to its effectiveness in reducing the effects of oxidative stress.
- 1/3 cup Pignoli nuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups Basil leaves, washed, stems removed
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on low speed while using a wooden spoon to push ingredients down towards the blades.
- Add more olive oil as needed for desired consistency.
Storage of Left over Pesto Sauce
Pour pesto sauce into an ice cube tray. Seal tightly in a gallon size freezer bag. Pop out cubes of pesto sauce when needed.