I planted an herb garden this year and came up with this recipe to use up all of my herbs!
I planted an herb garden this year and came up with this recipe to use up all of my herbs! Pesto is a great alternative to marinara. It's a great spread for bread or a topping on pasta or a baked potato.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon black walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add the fresh herbs, garlic, nuts, Parmesan cheese, red wine vinegar and spices to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse continuously until mixed thoroughly (scrape the side of the bowl as needed).
- Turn the processor on and pour in the olive oil from the top. Process until the mixture is smooth (scrape the sides of the bowls as needed). Your pesto is ready to be enjoyed.
- If any is left over, store it covered with plastic wrap directly on the pesto and in an airtight container.