How to Make Indian Restaurant-Style Pakora Sauce
Pakora Sauce Recipe
The desire to produce restaurant-quality food at home is nothing new and is common around the world. Wouldn't it be great if we could produce our favourite restaurant meals at home at a fraction of the cost but have them be every bit as good? In many instances, this is not practical, but when it comes to pakora sauce, nothing could really be easier.
This sauce is comprised of just a few simple ingredients that are available at any supermarket and most grocery stores. It takes around five minutes to make but please do note the importance of leaving it to marinate for at least half an hour (longer is better; overnight is fine) in the fridge before serving. This really is necessary to give the flavours time to combine and infuse.
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons mint sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) salt
- Put the yoghurt in a mixing bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir well to fully and evenly combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour and longer if possible.
- Spoon the pakora sauce in to two ramekins with a teaspoon and serve with your freshly prepared pakora.