Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Cabbage Is an Excellent Source of Nutrients
Cabbage has many health benefits and nutrients. It is a rich source of vitamins K, B-6, and C. It has a good amount of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and minerals. It retains some of its delightful crunchiness even after cooking, and it has a distinct aroma that complements many other dishes.
Cabbage tomato soup is an easy recipe that you can make in about 20 minutes. In this, you get to eat sautéed cabbage with a spiced-up tomato puree. This is a delicious winter soup.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pinches garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons or less sugar, optional, to balance the taste
- 2 to 3 cups water
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan.
- Throw in shredded cabbage. Add some salt. Sauté over medium heat until the cabbage is a bit tender. You can add few drops of water to keep the cabbage moist.
- Add pepper, then turn off the heat. Transfer the cabbage to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil, heat, and throw in the chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté over low heat until garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and remaining salt. Sauté until tomatoes are mushy.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a mixer or blender, then grind to get a smooth puree and transfer mixture back to the same pan. You might use an immersion blender instead.
- Add 2-3 cups of water, red chili powder, sugar, and garam masala powder. Simmer for 20 seconds.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the tomato puree equally into four bowls, then divide the cabbage into four equal parts and add some to each bowl.
- Enjoy drinking this yummy and refreshing soup!