Cabbage Tomato Soup Recipe
Cabbage Is An Excellent Source of Nutrients
Eating cabbage has many health benefits and nutrients. It is a rich source of vitamin K, vitamin B 6, and vitamin C. It has a good amount of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and minerals. It is a crunchy vegetable that retains some crunchiness even after cooking. It has a distinct aroma that complements in making appetizing snacks and soups.
Cabbage tomato soup is an easy recipe that you can make in about 20 minutes for three or four people. In this, you get to eat sauteed cabbage with a spiced-up tomato puree. This is a delicious winter soup.
Let me now share the detailed recipe of this yummy soup.
- 1 heaped bowl cabbage, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 pinches garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp or less sugar, optional, to balance the taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cabbage Tomato Soup
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Use non-stick pan for good results.
- Throw in shredded cabbage. Add some salt. Saute over medium heat until they become soft yet retain crunchiness.
- You can add few drops of water to keep cabbage moist.
- Add pepper powder. Blend with them. Turn off the heat. Collect them in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add remaining olive oil. Throw in chopped ginger and garlic. Saute over low heat until garlic gets golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Add remaining salt. Stir-cook until tomatoes are mushy. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the contents to a mixer or blender. Grind to get a smooth puree. Transfer it back to the same pan.
- Add 2-3 cups of water. Add red chili powder, sugar, and garam masala powder. Let the mixture come to a gentle boil. Simmer it for 20 seconds.
- Adjust salt. Now, cabbage tomato soup is ready to serve!
- Pour tomato puree equally into four bowls. Divide the sauteed cabbage into flour equal parts.
- Add each part to each bowl with tomato puree.
- Enjoy drinking this yummy and refreshing soup!
Nutritional Information of Cabbage Tomato Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 21 g||7%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 98 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|