I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Bright and Unique Soup
Rich in antioxidants and other nutrients, carrots are also delicious. Carrot onion soup is a wholesome soup with a unique aroma and texture.
This soup is quick and easy to prepare. The main ingredients include apple, milk, and herbs in addition to carrots and onions. The special combination of ingredients makes this soup absolutely mouthwatering. Try it!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves three people
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 Kashmiri dry red chilies, broken, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 inch ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak broken Kashmiri dry red chilies in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain the water. Set aside the chilies.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Throw in the chopped carrot and salt. Add 4 cups of water. Stir well. Cover the cooker and place the weight. Cook up to 4 whistles and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Open the cooker lid when the steam escapes completely. Sieve the contents. Collect the liquid in a deep-bottomed pan.
- Add the carrot mixture to a blender. Add the chopped apples. Blend to get a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the same pan in which you have collected the liquid. Add milk and dried herbs, like oregano, basil, etc. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a nice boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Check for the salt. Add some salt, if needed. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with toasted bread crumbs or some dried herbs. Sip the heavenly puree!