Slow-Cooker Cream of Chicken Soup With Biscuits Recipe
When it's cold and you don't want to heat up the house, all you need is a crock pot, a soup ladle, a few simple ingredients, and you are ready to go. This meal can be prepped in the morning. Come back at supper and serve it up. This delicious, creamy chicken soup will be a hit with everyone.
Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup mixed veggies: peas, carrots, corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 pieces of celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian spice blend
- 1/12 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package cream of leek soup mix, (Knorr has a good one)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup marble cheese, shredded
- 1 package Red Lobster Biscuit Mix, made according to the box
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Set the slow cooker to high heat. Skin the chicken and lay each piece in the cooker. Sprinkle them with the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add half cup of water and let it cook for 30 minutes. Then add the rest of the water, minced garlic, diced celery, and green onions. Add rice and veggies and mix into the pot. Cook for another 30 minutes and turn to low. Mix cream of leek in a bowl or measuring cup with 1/2 cup of water with a whisk. Now add the cream of leek package.
- About 30 min before it's done, add the milk and cover the pan. Make the biscuits according to the box. One bag usually makes 8 biscuits. Be sure to preheat your oven 30 minutes before the chicken soup is done. Use a cookie sheet and place biscuits in the oven.
- I serve one piece of chicken and one biscuit with each bowl of soup. Add a pinch of shredded cheese as garnish. Enjoy!
This Soup Is Umm Good
To Jazz It Up
If you want to jazz up this soup, you can add these ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Crack and whisk in one egg
- Cream instead of milk
- Yellow onion instead of green onions
- 1 cup or a can of fresh mushrooms
Sometimes we just add the soy and Worcestershire sauce to the individual bowl. It just depends on the peoples taste that will be at dinner that night. Then add a little love and you can't go wrong. My family loves this meal no matter what time of year it is. The Red Lobster biscuits are their favorite.
Our Favourite Chicken Soup
One of the reasons we love this soup is because each person gets a full serving of chicken with their soup. The chicken also gets the chance to cook low and slow making it extra tender. The flavors and creaminess of the soup are like no other. Your entire family will enjoy this soup any time of year. Even the clean up is easy with this one dish meal. Now grab your homemade bun and soup and let's eat.
Do You Like Soup?
Do You Like Cream of Chicken Soup?
© 2017 Terrie Lynn