I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
I believe tomato is the easiest and most popular of all soups. It is a tangy, delicious dish with lots of health benefits.
This dish can be made even healthier and more interesting by adding other vegetables in a small quantities. My version uses tomato, carrot, beetroot, ginger, fresh peas, cumin seeds, and garlic. It is perfect! The carrot and beetroot enhance the color and sweetness, so there is no need to add sugar.
- 2 cups of ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/8 cup beetroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh peas
- 1/4 inch of ginger, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/8 tsp, cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves/cilantro, for garnish
- Put tomato, carrot, beetroot, and peas in a saucepan or pressure cooker, and add half a cup of water. Cook until the vegetables are tender and set aside to cool.
- Pour the cooked vegetables into a mixer. Add chopped ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and peppercorns. Grind to get a smooth paste or liquid.
- Strain the mix and return it to the saucepan. Boil it for one minute, add salt to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top it with some butter and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro. Enjoy!
Ashi on March 27, 2017:
Good writing deserve appreciation and inspiration
Don't worry. It will be always there :)
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on March 25, 2017:
Thanks, Ashish. You are a consistent inspiration for me. I admire you. Thanks once again. Do try the recipe.
Ashi on March 25, 2017:
I loved the way you are making difficult recipes easy. You all recipes are excellent.
Tomato soup is my favorite but I haven't tried with a carrot before. I must try this one.