An Easy Tomato and Carrot Soup Recipe
I believe tomato is the easiest and most popular of all soups. It is a tangy, delicious dish with lots of health benefits.
This dish can be made even healthier and more interesting by adding other vegetables in a small quantities. My version uses tomato, carrot, beetroot, ginger, fresh peas, cumin seeds, and garlic. It is perfect! The carrot and beetroot enhance the color and sweetness, so there is no need to add sugar.
- 2 cups of ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/8 cup beetroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh peas
- 1/4 inch of ginger, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/8 tsp, cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves/cilantro, for garnish
- Put tomato, carrot, beetroot, and peas in a saucepan or pressure cooker, and add half a cup of water. Cook until the vegetables are tender and set aside to cool.
- Pour the cooked vegetables into a mixer. Add chopped ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and peppercorns. Grind to get a smooth paste or liquid.
- Strain the mix and return it to the saucepan. Boil it for one minute, add salt to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls. Top it with some butter and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro. Enjoy!