Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Tomato soup can be prepared in a variety of ways. It can be blended or pureed to create a smooth texture, or it can be chunky, with delicious bits of tomatoes, other vegetables and/or meat. No matter how it's prepared, it always tastes great.
Our recipe is for a basic, easy-to-make, smooth and creamy tomato soup, prepared with fresh tomatoes and few spices.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 8 to 10 medium tomatoes, ]washed and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp roasted jeera (cumin seed powder)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
- 250-300 ml water
- Malai (fresh cream), as needed for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, add the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, ginger paste and water. Close the lid and keep the heat on high. At the first whistle reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes more. Put off the heat.
- When the pressure subsides, open the cooker and transfer the contents to a large bowl. Blend the boiled tomatoes with a hand blender until smooth; then strain out tomato soup.
- Keep the tomato soup on high heat and add in the roasted jeera powder, black pepper powder, salt, sugar and cilantro. Cook the soup until you get the desired consistency.
- Transfer the tomato soup to serving bowls, garnish with fresh cream and serve.
Easy Creamy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly