How to Cook Corn and Chicken Soup
Sweet and Savory
During the cold months, there's nothing better than soup for a warming and hearty meal. This easy-to-make corn and chicken soup is both sweet and savory.
- 150 grams chicken, any part
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1.2 litres + 1 cup water
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cube chicken boullion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for sauteeing
- 1 large bowl
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- chopping board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- soup ladle
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute the ginger; then add the chicken.
- Pour 1.2 litres water into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Separate chicken and chicken stock. Allow chicken to cool down. Save the chicken stock.
- Once the chicken has cooled down, shred each piece. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute onion until translucent. Add shredded chicken.
- Pour in chicken stock. Add corn kernels and chicken bouillon. Bring the soup to the boil.
- Dilute cornstarch into 1 cup of water. Add a small amount of soup to temper the slurry. Add it to the soup.
- Stir constantly while pouring in the cornstarch mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips and Techniques
- Replace corn kernels with creamed corn to make the soup creamier.
- Saute the onions properly to bring out their sweetness.
- Add hot liquid into the cornstarch mixture or slurry to avoid lumps.
- Make the soup creamier and thicker by adding a beaten egg, cream, or milk.
Hearty Chicken Soup Recipes
- Kongnamulguk With Chicken Gizzards: A Korean-Inspired Soup
Are you craving Korean food but don't have the money to eat in a fancy restaurant? Why not cook at home? Try this recipe for kongnamulguk with chicken gizzards. It's very affordable and easy to make.
- How to Make Chicken Hi-Bol: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Soup is perfect for warming up during the colder months. Learn how to make a delicious Filipino soup called chicken hi-bol.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef