Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
A Light and Delectable Winter Soup!
I made this yummy soup in about 20 minutes. Sweet corn kernels and spinach are the main ingredients, with onions and mild spices rounding out the recipe. My family enjoys sipping this colorful and yummy chowder. It certainly warms them up on a cold winter evening!
Not only is this soup delicious, but it is also nutritious, too, as corn and spinach are known to have many nutrients.
I have also included a detailed photo tutorial to accompany my recipe for corn spinach chowder.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 2 heaped cups spinach leaves, chopped (remove stems before chopping)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (I use fresh)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper powder, to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 3 cups water
Read More From Delishably
- Take 2 teaspoons of corn kernels in a mixer or blender. Roughly grind it. Set aside.
- Boil the remaining kernels in a pressure cooker, up to 2 whistles. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped onions. Saute until they turn pinkish.
- Throw in chopped spinach. Add salt and sugar. Saute until spinach becomes soft. This step may take about 5 minutes.
- Add roughly ground sweet corn. Boil the mix for about 2 minutes. Add boiled sweet corn kernels.
- Add 3 cups of water. Throw in some pepper powder. Give a good mix. Let the mixture boil for 2-3 minutes. Check the taste. Adjust the seasonings accordingly. Turn off the heat.
- Your favorite corn spinach soup is ready. Serve it hot and enjoy the yumminess!