How to Make Delicious Spinach and Carrot Puree Soup
Lovely and Delicious Spinach and Carrot Soup!
Sipping a hot and tasty soup on a winter evening is a delightful experience. This soup, with its beautiful color and healthy ingredients, not only provides warmth to your body, it uplifts your mood as well. This dish is a good source of fiber, iron, protein, antioxidants, and vitamins A and E.
This soup is mildly spicy, smooth, and highly flavorful. All you need to do to make it is saute the veggies in butter, puree it, and then boil it with milk.
Let me share with you the detailed recipe.
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, washed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add butter, chopped onions, and black peppercorns. Heat it. Saute the mixture on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add carrot slices and some salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add some water. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook the mixture till the carrot slices become soft.
- Add the chopped spinach. Remove the lid. Saute on medium-high heat until the spinach is cooked. Spinach cooks fast; it may take only 3-4 minutes to cook. Turn off heat. Set aside the pan to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled, add it to a mixer (blender) jar. Grind to get a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste back to the same pan. Add milk and 3 cups of water.
- Boil the mixture for 2 minutes. Add salt if needed. Turn off heat. Smoky-flavored spinach-carrot soup is ready!
- Serve it hot and enjoy.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 86 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|