I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Delicious, Nutritious, and Colorful Winter Soup
This green pea tomato soup is scrumptious. Combining fresh green peas (or frozen peas) and ripe tomatoes makes a high-quality soup. To make this pureed dish, I used butter, cumin, sugar, salt, and red chili powder along with these veggies.
Green peas are good source of dietary fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B 6, copper, folate, and minerals. Fresh green peas are bright green, soft, and mildly sweet. They cook very fast.
Tomatoes are a good source of antioxidants. This makes way to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, dietary fiber, copper, niacin, and phosphorous. They have a mild-sour taste that enhance the taste of the dishes in which they are used. This soup has a sharp sourness due to tomato puree in it.
Is This Soup Easy?
No doubt; it is an easy and simple recipe. I took about 20 minutes to make this for four people. Try this winter soup to refresh your mood, keep yourself warm, and healthy.
Let's see how to make this green peas tomato soup.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Four bowls of soup
- 1/2 small cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder, for more hotness, increase the quantity
- 1/4 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 small cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp or more salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar, or as per taste
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Green Pea Tomato Soup
- Take chopped tomatoes, onions, and ginger in a sauce pan. Add about two-three cups of water. Mix well.
- Heat the pan. Let the mix boil for about 6 minutes. Turn off the heat. Set aside for cooling.
- Once cold, grind it in a mixer or blender to get a smooth puree. Strain to remove the fiber in it. Set aside.
- Heat a deep-bottomed pan. Add butter. When butter melts, add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Now, throw in green peas. Add some salt. Saute it for about four minutes, while sprinkling some water on it. This will help to cook well.
- Remove green peas and place in a bowl.
- Add tomato-onion puree to the same pan. Add two cups of water. Let the heat be medium-high.
- When the mix comes to a boil, add sugar, red chili powder, and remaining salt. Turn off the heat after boiling the mix for a minute.
- Arrange the bowls. Pour the soup equally into four bowls. Also, add cooked green peas into each bowl.
- Garnish the soup with chopped fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy sipping this hot and yummy soup!