I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Fresh green pea soup is a perfect winter dish. The potatoes and butter make it smooth and silky. This spicy and aromatic soup is very easy to make, and it takes only 20 minutes to prepare. Try it—it's simply delightful!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Four small bowls of soup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon or less pepper powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Remove the pods from the fresh peas or use frozen ones.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in peas, chopped onions, potatoes, and chopped coriander leaves. Sprinkle in some salt, then sauté on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in some water, then boil the mixture. Cover the pan for fast cooking. After for 3-4 minutes, turn the stove off and set the pan aside to cool.
- When it's cool, pour the contents into a blender and grind to get a smooth liquid or paste.
- Pour this liquid back into the same pan. Add pepper, a little salt, and milk, then cook the mix for 2 more minutes.
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping it hot.