How to Make Fresh Green Pea Soup
Fresh green pea soup is a perfect winter dish. The potatoes and butter make it smooth and silky. This spicy and aromatic soup is very easy to make, and it takes only 20 minutes to prepare. Try it—it's simply delightful!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon or less pepper powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Remove the pods from the fresh peas or use frozen ones.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in peas, chopped onions, potatoes, and chopped coriander leaves. Sprinkle in some salt, then sauté on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in some water, then boil the mixture. Cover the pan for fast cooking. After for 3-4 minutes, turn the stove off and set the pan aside to cool.
- When it's cool, pour the contents into a blender and grind to get a smooth liquid or paste.
- Pour this liquid back into the same pan. Add pepper, a little salt, and milk, then cook the mix for 2 more minutes.
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping it hot.
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 28 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|