I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Stir-frying is the quickest way to make a veggie starter soup. Just sauté minced garlic, red chili paste, and scallions in butter; then add veggies, lemon juice, and salt. Done! I believe this is one of the easiest and healthiest soups I have made.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili or any other variety, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons spring onion greens, finely chopped, for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 pinches sugar (optional, to balance the taste)
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Soak Kashmiri red chilies or any other red chilies for 10 minutes in water.
- Grind soaked chili, garlic, and ginger to get a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to a deep bottomed pan. Add butter. Sauté until you get a fine aroma from the spices. Add spring onion whites and sauté for another minute.
- Add shredded cabbage, red pepper, and salt over medium-high heat and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Pour in 2 glasses of water, and bring it to a boil. Drizzle in the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly as it thickens, then take it off the stove.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, add 2 pinches of sugar (optional), and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Your stir-fry vegetable garlic soup is ready to serve. Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with a few chopped spring onion greens. Enjoy sipping this hot, garlicky, and spicy soup!