Pureed Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe
A Colorful and Nutritious Pureed Soup
For extra nutrition, I like to add mixed vegetables to my curries, soups, and side dishes. This particular soup recipe features carrots, beetroot, onions, ginger, garlic, cumin, and butter. Carrots contain antioxidants and help to protect eye health. Beetroot contains fiber, essential minerals, and immunity-boosting vitamin C. Ginger, garlic, cumin, and onions are all very good for your health, as well.
This soup is easy to make. Sip a bowl of this hot soup in during the winter or on a cold evening in order to keep you fresh and warm.
- 1/4 cup carrots, thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup beetroot, thinly chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, thinly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, optional, gives good flavor
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan and add cumin and garlic. Saute until cumin splutters.
- Throw in chopped onions. Saute until they become translucent.
- Add chopped carrots and beetroot. Add some salt. This will speed up the cooking process. Continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes. Saute until tomatoes become a bit mushy.
- Add 1 cup of water. Stir the mixture. Cover the pan. Cook over a low fire until the veggies become soft and cooked.
- Turn off heat. Once it cools down, grind the mixture to get a smooth liquid. You can add a small amount of water while grinding.
- Strain the mixture to remove the impurities. Return the mixture to the same pan. Switch on heat. Pour 3-4 cups of water. Add sugar and remaining salt. Bring the mix to a boil.
- Turn off the heat. Your favorite mixed vegetable soup is now ready to serve!
- Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Top with chopped basil and a few drops of butter.
Photo GuideClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 4 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|