Liza is a homemaker who loves baking and cooking. She also enjoys collecting postcards from friends all over the world.
Customized Instant Ramen
Instant ramen is great because it's quick, easy, inexpensive, and satisfying. In just a few minutes you can have a soul-warming meal in a bowl!
Though many types of ramen are similar, I've learned that it doesn't have to be boring. You can easily upgrade your ramen to make it taste extra special. Adding protein (chicken, shrimp, or eggs) and vegetable will transform your ramen into something that a restaurant might serve! If you are extra adventurous, you can even experiment with ditching the seasoning packet and replacing it with vegetable or chicken broth.
You can find instant ramen in almost any grocery store. I like to buy ramen from my local Asian market, which carries a variety of brands from Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.
- 2 packets ramen of your choice
- 3 1/2 cups water (or follow the package instructions; I added more water as I like extra broth)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (or any vegetables you have)
- 4 medium-sized shrimp
- 1/3 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Aleppo pepper
Vegetarian Variation: You can easily make this dish vegetarian by omitting the shrimp and eggs.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the ramen to the pot and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the seasoning to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp (or chicken or eggs).
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables, mushroom, and serrano peppers. Stir continuously until they are well combined.
- Let the ramen simmer for 1-2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Use a ladle to transfer the ramen to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with hard-boiled eggs, sesame seeds, cilantro, Aleppo pepper, and soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Read More From Delishably
© 2021 Liza