Brittany Banks is a young woman who likes to experiment with food. She gets bored with always eating the same meals.
Instant Pot Cooking
Instant Pots are becoming more popular every day, as they can replace many appliances in the kitchen.
Most Instant Pots have a number of settings, including soup/broth, meat/stew, bean/chili, slow cook, sauté, pressure cook, yogurt, steam, porridge, multigrain, and rice. The two settings I use most often are sauté and pressure cook. I don't even use the stew/soup setting to make soups and stews; instead, I use the pressure cook setting.
Classic Beef Stew Recipe
Beef stews are extremely versatile. You can add nearly any kind of vegetable you want, and you can decide to add beans or noodles. My recipe is for a classic beef stew that doesn't have many seasonings added to it. More seasonings can certainly be added, but I find that the Montreal Steak Seasoning gives it a nice kick.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
6 quarts of stew
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon yellow potatos, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 40 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt, fine grade
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Turn your Instant Pot on and set it to the sauté setting. Once it's ready, add the vegetable oil and stew meat. (This will give the stew more flavor.)
- Brown the stew meat and turn that setting off. Add the chopped potatoes and carrots.
- Slowly pour in the broth and sprinkle the seasonings on top.
- Shut the lid and ensure that you hear the locking sound. Turn the vent on top to the seal position. Set the pressure cook setting and set it to 55 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Flip the vent on top to venting position. Once the pin drops all the way, open the lid away from you.
- Now the stew is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Notes and Tips
- Be patient: It will take a moment for your Instant Pot to build up pressure before it starts the 55-minute countdown.
- How to clean: Barkeepers friend is a good way to clean your Instant Pot.
© 2021 Brittany Banks