I love sharing what I know about cooking, alternative medicine, health, frugal living, fun, animals, and how to live a better life!
Why take hours and hours to make delicious soup when you don't have to? This recipe is one of our favorites and it's ready in just under an hour. It's great for leftovers and can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.
I love my Instant Pot. If you don't have one, make sure to get one. There is nothing this appliance can't do.
Now, let's just get the recipe started...
Read More From Delishably
- 5 lbs potatoes, Idaho or Yukon gold
- 8 cups chicken broth, or 6 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 onion or leek, diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, at room temp
- Scallions or bacon bits, for topping
- 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (if you like it hot)
- Remove or leave the skin on the potatoes (your choice), but cut them into chunks or cubes, then put them in Instant Pot. We always leave the skin on because it's packed with fiber and nutrients.
- Add broth (or water and bullion) and onion. Also, add the cayenne pepper if you're going to use it.
- Set your Instant Pot for 10 min on high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release of pressure.
- Add the block of room-temperature cream cheese and the cheddar cheese, and blend in pot with a stick (immersion) blender.
- Top with your favorite toppings, then serve with bread and salad and enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Please rate my soup!
© 2017 Rebecca