Instant Pot Potato Soup
Why take hours and hours to make delicious soup when you don't have to? This recipe is another favorite of ours for delicious soup in just under an hour. It's great for leftovers and can be frozen for 2-3 months.
I love my Instant Pot. If you don't have one, make sure to get one. Give them for gifts. There is nothing this appliance can't do.
Now, let's just get the recipe started...
- 5 lbs potatoes, Idaho or yukon gold
- 8 cups chicken broth, or 6 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 onion or leek, chopped/diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, room temp
- Scallions or bacon bits, for topping
- 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (if you like it hot)
- Remove or leave the skin on the potatoes but cut them into chunks or cubes, put in Instant Pot. We always leave the skin on, that's packed full of fiber and nutrients.
- Add broth (water and bullion if you don't have chicken broth) and onion to pot. Also, add the cayenne pepper if you're going to use it.
- Set Instant Pot for 10 min on high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release of pressure.
- Add the block of room temperature cream cheese and cheddar cheese, and blend in pot with a stick (immersion) blender.
- Top with your favorite toppings, serve with bread and salad, and enjoy!
Please rate my soup!
© 2017 Rebecca