Instant Pot Cheddar Broccoli Cauliflower Soup Recipe
A "Souper" Easy Dinner
This is one of many Instant Pot recipes that is super fast, easy, and delicious. It's vegetarian-friendly but not vegan (due to dairy).
Everyone should own a pressure cooker. They make food really fast, retain flavor, and are great for busy households, students, single parents, those going camping, and anyone who does not eat meat. Why slave over a stove when you don't have to?
Fresh ingredients are better, but not necessary. If you're being really frugal, you can find these ingredients at a discount grocer and make a ton of this soup for just a few bucks. Serve it with bread and salad and it's an entire meal. If you want to be fancy, serve it in bread bowls.
It's a great soup and can be frozen for up to three months.
- About 4 cups fresh (1 or 2 bags frozen) vegetables, (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower)
- 4-6 cups chicken or veggie broth, use 4 cups if you want thicker soup
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Put veggies into the pot.
- Add 4-6 cups of water or chicken broth (or water and bouillon cubes, or vegetable broth).
- Set the instant pot to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, quick-release the steam.
- Add the pint of heavy cream and stir.
- Add your cheese and stir again until melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you want a creamier soup, use an immersion blender in the Instant Pot after step 6. Top with more cheese, more veggies, or anything else you like.
© 2017 Rebecca