How to Make Carrot, Potato, and Fresh Corn Soup
Make Your Own Soup With Healthy Ingredients!
I like to have a soup at least 4-5 times a week. Each time, I prefer to sip a puree with different combinations. Here's a veggie soup recipe that I made to feed a craving I was having: I picked three healthy vegetables (carrots, potatoes, and fresh corn) to make this puree.
- Carrots are excellent sources of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, anti oxidants, and potassium. They are crunchy, colorful, and delicious.
- Fresh corn adds a nutty flavor to the dish. This mildly sweet veggie is a favorite of many. Corn has many nutrients that are beneficial for humans.
- Potatoes give a nice creamy finish to this soup. They are known to contain high levels of vitamin C, and B 6, manganese, pantothenic acid, niacin, and phosphorous.
I pureed these veggies with fresh spices and herbs to make this delicious soup. Let me now share the step-by-step recipe with you.
- 2 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, roughly chopped, and immersed in water
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen corn, kernels separated from the cob
- 2 or 3 dry red chilies, broken
- 1/4 inch ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp onions, roughly chopped
- 1 small piece nutmeg, for nice flavor
- 1/2 cup yogurt, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp pistachios, thinly chopped, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 pinches sugar, to balance the taste
- Immerse chopped potatoes in water. This will reduce their sticky starch. Strain them before use.
- Heat oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped garlic, ginger, dry red chilies, and onions. Sauté them for a minute.
- Add nutmeg. Continue sautéing for about 30 seconds.
- Throw in chopped carrots and potatoes. Add some salt. Stir-cook the mix on a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add some water. Let the mix boil till the veggies become soft. Add fresh corn. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mix to a mixer or blender. Grind to get a smooth puree.
- Pour this puree back to the same pan that you used earlier. Add 3 cups of water.
- Throw in remaining salt and sugar. Bring the mix to a nice boil. Adjust the consistency by adding water, if needed.
- Now, your favorite carrot, potato, and fresh corn soup is ready! Pour it equally into four bowls.
- Serve them hot, garnished with some yogurt and thinly chopped pistachios. Enjoy sipping this awesome, garlicky soup!
Nutritional Information of Carrot, Potato, and Fresh Corn Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 113 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|