Making Green Pea and Spring Onion Soup
Why This Soup Is Healthy and Tasty
- Spring onions, or green onions, have nutritional benefits of both onions and greens. They are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, and minerals. It makes the dish tastier.
- Green peas are known to have vitamin B, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, protein, iron, etc. They too make the dish tasty.
This green pea and spring onion soup can be made in a jiffy. Not too many ingredients are involved. Try to make this palatable soup and relish it.
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen, I used fresh
- 1 cup spring onions, washed, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or butter, I used butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon spring onion greens, for garnishing
- Heat olive oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan.
- Add chopped spring onions. Saute on a medium-high flame for two minutes.
- Throw in green peas. Add some salt. Continue sauteing for two more minutes.
- Add milk. Give a gentle boil. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer three-fourths portion of this mix to a mixer or blender, reserving the remaining portion in the pan itself.
- Grind, adding some water to get a smooth puree. Transfer it back to the same pan.
- Turn on the heat. Throw in pepper powder and remaining salt. Add water to adjust the consistency. Give a nice boil.
- This soup should be moderately thick. Turn off the heat.
- Pour this soup equally into three bowls. Garnish with a few chopped spring onion greens.
- Enjoy sipping this smoky-flavored green soup!