I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Make This Healthy and Delicious Soup in a Jiffy
I like to add lemon to my food as often as I can. It is not only flavorful and tasty, but it's also nutritious. Lemon-based foods have a sharp taste and a fresh flavor that make for great appetizers.
Lemons are healthy because they contain vitamins A, B6, C, and E, as well as other minerals like folate, niacin, calcium, pantothenic acid, copper, and iron. High in antioxidants, lemons may help to prevent constipation, fever, indigestion, and high blood pressure. They may also improve the health of the skin, hair, and teeth.
This soup is very easy and quick to make. This is my own recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup rice, freshly cooked or leftover
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp butter or oil or ghee, for frying garlic
- Add cooked rice, peppercorns, and 1 cup of water to a mixer or blender. Grind together to get a smooth liquid.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Add 1 more cup of water, curry leaves, and salt. Boil the mix for 1 minute.
- This soup should be watery. Add water to adjust the consistency. Turn off the heat.
- In a small pan, heat oil or butter. Add sliced garlic. Saute until they are crispy and golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the garlic to the saucepan containing the soup. Add lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander leaves. Your favorite lemon rice soup is ready!
- Serve hot and enjoy the taste.