I worked as a banker for 17 years. I love staying fit and cooking tasty and healthy meals. I don't use artificial colors and preservatives.
Spinach and pea soup is unique because of its texture, flavor, and color. It has a rich, creamy texture, an herbal flavor, and a beautiful bright green color. This refreshing springtime soup is an easy starter to make; I can prepare it in just 25 minutes.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 bowl spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen, If using frozen peas, immerse them in water for 5-10 minutes. Strain them.
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp butter or oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- water, to adjust the consistency
- Heat butter or oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Cook until they crackle. Add pepper corns and chopped onions. Saute till onions turn pinkish and transparent.
- Add fresh peas or frozen ones. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes. Throw in chopped spinach leaves.
- Continue stir-cooking till spinach becomes soft. Sprinkle a few drops of water while cooking, if needed. Cooking spinach may take about 4 minutes. Turn off the stove. Set aside for cooling the contents a bit.
- Transfer the contents into a mixer. Grind, adding milk little by little, to get a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into the deep-bottomed pan that you have used earlier. Add the remaining milk. Add some salt. Mix well.
- Boil the mix, while adding water to adjust the consistency. Boil for 1 minute. Turn off the flame. The soup is ready to serve!
- Pour it equally into four bowls. Enjoy sipping this hot and refreshing soup!