Mexican Nacho Soup Recipe
An Overview of Making Mexican Nacho Soup
Mexican nacho soup is an awesome dish made using sweet corn, tomato, onion, garlic, red chili powder, sugar, butter, and salt. The best part is that it is garnished with nacho chips and grated cheese!
Let's see how to make this yummy soup. To start with, boil sweet corn kernels and keep aside. Boil chopped tomatoes and make a puree. Mix some cornflour with half cup water. Heat butter in a deep bottomed pan. Add chopped onion and garlic to it. Saute them till golden. Pour tomato puree and corn flour mix on them. Mix well and stir-cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cooked corn, sugar, red chili powder, and salt. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Adjust the consistency by adding water. Turn off the fire. Soup is ready!
Pour the soup equally into four bowls. Top with broken nacho chips and grated cheese. Mexican nacho soup is inviting. Drink hot soup and relish the tempting taste!
Mexican Nacho Soup
Ingredients for Making Mexican Nacho Soup
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- 4 small cups chopped tomato, for making the puree
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nacho chips, broken for the entire soup
- 1/2 tsp cheese, for each bowl. I used Mozzarella cheese
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mexican Nacho Soup
- Boil sweet corn kernels. Keep aside.
- Boil chopped tomatoes. Once cool, make a puree of them. Keep aside.
- Mix corn flour in 1/2 cup water. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute them till golden.
- Pour tomato puree and corn flour mix into the pan. Cook on a medium high fire, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled corn, red chili powder, sugar, and salt. Add a cup of water if the mix is too thick. Boil it for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the soup equally into 4 bowls. Garnish them with some nacho chips and grated cheese. Enjoy drinking hot Mexican nacho soup!
Nutritional Information of Mexican Nacho Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||162|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 18 g||28%|
|Carbohydrates 33 g||11%|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 63 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|