Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
Mexican nacho soup is an awesome dish made with sweet corn, tomato, garlic, and red chili. The best part is that it is garnished with nacho chips and grated cheese!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes, for making the puree
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nacho or tortilla chips
- 1/2 tsp cheese, for each bowl (I used mozzarella)
- Sauté sweet corn kernels, and set aside.
- Sauté chopped tomatoes. Once cool, make a puree of them, and set it aside.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté until golden.
- Pour in tomato puree and reheat to a boil, then add cornstarch mix in, stirring as you do. Cook, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled corn, red chili powder, sugar, and salt. Add a cup of water if the mix is too thick. Boil it for 2 more minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Pour the soup equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with nacho chips and grated cheese. Enjoy drinking this hot nacho soup!