Mom's Easy-to-Make Meatball Stew Recipe
This is a great idea for an easy-to-make dinner. You can make the meatballs any size you want, and you can also add different types of vegetables. If you like carrots, add them in! If you like corn, add it in! It's really whatever you prefer, but sticking with the recipe is also a good way to enjoy it.
So eat up, and I hope you like it!
- 5 large potatoes, chopped or sliced
- 1 can of peas
- 1 jar of brown gravy
- 1 pound of hamburger meat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pack of onion soup mix
- 2 whole eggs
- Slice all of your potatoes into chunks. You can make them small or large, it's up to you. Place these in a baking pan making sure to spread them evenly.
- Pour the peas over your potatoes. Make sure to spread them evenly, too.
- Take your hamburger meat and place it into a large bowl. Add the onion soup mix and both eggs. Add a small bit of the gravy into the bowl, and the chopped onion. Mix it all together very well.
- Take a little bit of the hamburger mix and form it into a meatball. Place this meatball on top of the potatoes and peas. Keep doing this until you have used up all of your hamburger mix.
- Pour the rest of the gravy on top of everything, and spread it evenly. Add a small bit of water into the empty gravy jar. Pour this over the mix, as well.
- Cover the dish with foil before putting it into the oven. Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour and a half. When you pull the dish out of the oven, check the potatoes by sticking them with a fork. They should be soft.