Who doesn't like mom's cooking? I recreate mom's best recipes and share them with you here.
Here is mom's homemade chicken noodle soup recipe. This is good for lunch or dinner and will keep you warm on a cold winter's night. Crunch some crackers over it and you have a great-tasting meal!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 20 min
A lot of soup!
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- 4 pieces of chicken
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced or chopped
- 1 bag of mixed vegetables
- 1/2 bag of egg noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Place the four pieces of chicken inside of a large cooking pot. Dump both cans of chicken broth over the chicken, and then add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Next, chop the onion, celery, and carrots. Place all of these inside of the large cooking pot.
- Add the black pepper and the parsley.
- Cook all of this together until the chicken is done. If you have to, take a piece of chicken out of the pot to check it.
- Once the chicken is done, chop or shred all four pieces into the size that you want. Add the chicken back into the pot, and stir. Then add the mixed vegetables, and stir again. Continue to cook for another ten minutes.
- Next, add the egg noodles. Continue to cook for another ten minutes or until the noodles are cooked, and you are done.