Potato Leek Soup in Your Instant Pot!
Potato Leek Soup
We Love This Soup
I've been making various potato soups for a few years now, but this recipe is by far my favorite. We just love it. It's easy, fast, and it tastes like it's restaurant quality. This is a great soup to make during the winter months because it's comforting and filling. This recipe also makes a lot of soup! It will freeze well for up to three months.
If you are not the current owner of a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, you need to get one. You will not regret it!
In addition to the Instant Pot, I also use an immersion (stick) blender for this recipe.
- 5 lbs potatoes, washed then cubed
- 1 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 leeks, diced then washed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 chicken bullion cubes
- 8 cups water
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Bacon bits (optional, for garnish)
- Raw diced leeks (optional, for garnish)
- Wash and chop up your potatoes. We usually do not peel them, but you can if you want. Add these to the Instant Pot.
- Add 8 cups water, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and bullion cubes to Instant Pot.
- Dice your leeks. Make sure to wash them really well because they are usually full of grit and dirt. Set aside about 1/2 cup, and add the rest to the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot for 10 minutes at high pressure. Do a quick release when the time is up.
- Add the block of cream cheese. Blend your soup with an immersion blender. This is also the time to add some optional cheddar cheese if you want to give it a bit more zip (1/2 cup is more than enough).
- Your fantastic, classy, delicious soup is finished! Top with bacon, the reserved raw diced leeks, and more cheddar cheese if desired. Serve with salad, bread, or enjoy it on its own.
Ingredients for your Potato Leek Soup
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Rebecca