Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Cream of mushroom soup can be prepared in a variety of ways at home. This recipe follows the traditional method except that the mushrooms are added at the beginning and sauteed before the flour and milk are added,
To make this gluten-free I have used oat flour. You can use whole wheat flour if you wish.
Do try this soup and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 grams button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 2 cups milk, 1/4 cup to be used to make the mushroom paste
- 1 tbsp malai (fresh cream)
- 2-3 tsp hara dhania (cilantro), chopped
- Keep a nonstick pan on low heat, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until it turns light pink. Raise the heat to low-medium.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and saute until they turn light brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, salt and black pepper powder and saute until their water has dried out, they turn a light brown colour and are about 80% cooked. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the oat flour, mix well and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then put off the heat.
- Remove and set aside 1/4 of the mushrooms. Grind the rest of the mushrooms to a fine paste using 1/4 cup of milk.
- In the same pan, add the mushroom paste as well as the 1/4 cooked mushrooms. Then add in the remaining milk. Stir until the mixture becomes homogenous. Keep the heat on medium and let the soup come to a boil.
- Add the fresh cream and stir-cook the soup for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the chopped cilantro and stir a few times. Put off the heat and serve.
Indian-Style Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly