Recipe for Stew With Ground Beef
Ground Beef Stew Recipe
Making a ground beef stew is quick and easy, and it gives you a very tasty meal. In this article, I will show you how to cook a hamburger stew that can also be used in a variety of other dishes. This is a ground beef mince recipe with step-by-step instructions, videos and photos.
Beef Stew Recipe
- Preparation time: less than 5 mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Serves: 6 to 8 depending on size of portions required
- 1 ½ 1bs mince steak
- 2 large onions
- 1 medium size carrot
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bowl frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon tomato puree
- Small amount gravy
These vegetables should also be chopped up into small pieces.
- 2 small mushrooms
- ½ a small pepper
- 4 green beans
Ingredients for Ground Beef Recipe
- Cut up the onions into fairly small pieces.
- Cut up the tomatoes into fairly small pieces.
- Grate the carrot.
- Add the cooking oil and onions to the pot. Cook for approx one minute until the onions are brown.
- Add the grated carrot and the tomatoes.
- Keep back a quarter of the tomatoes.
- These will be added at the very end of cooking in order to keep their shape.
- Add any extra vegetables that you have decided to include.
Making Ground Beef Stew
- Put the pot back on the cooker and mix in these vegetables for two minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and mix for another minute.
- Add the mince to the pot and mix well as it cooks.
- A wooden spoon is best to use for its strength.
- Cook for twenty minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and the remainder of the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make up the gravy and stir this into the pot slowly and continuously until mixed in evenly.
- The amount of gravy used will depend on your preference for how you like the finished dish.
Total preparation and cooking time for this ground beef recipe is 45 minutes approximately. This mince beef dish can now be used to make other variants of main meals.
Variants on using the stew recipe in different dishes.
- Accompanied by pasta.
- Accompanied by spaghetti.
- As the main ingredient of one large or a few smaller cottage pies.
- With shortcrust pastry
- As cooked and accompanied by mashed potatoes and vegetables.
- As the main ingredient of one large or a few smaller puff pastry pies.
Ground Beef Stew With Shortcrust Pastry
Freezing Basic Recipe
This mince and vegetable recipe is very easy to freeze and loses none of its taste when reheated. It can be frozen in individual small portions for one or in larger family portions.