I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Great Single-Serving Snack, Lunch, or Dinner!
Yes. This is a quick and easy soup. This dish features the crunchiness of sweet corn. This sweet and sour soup is truly appetizing.
Sweet corn is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, and protein. It has vitamin B6, magnesium, and iron, too. Its antioxidants are good for you. Eating corn may help promote healthy vision due to its phytochemicals. Tomato contains vitamin C, dietary fiber, copper, and other vitamins and minerals.
Corn and tomato combine very well in this soup. This starter dish is light and delicious. Now, let me show you how to make it.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A single cup of soup
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 big tomato, chopped, pureed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/6 tsp or less pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp butter or olive oil, (I used butter)
- 3 pinches salt, (to taste)
- 2 pinches sugar, optional (I used it to balance the acidity)
- 1/4 tsp or less coriander leaves, finely chopped, for garnishing
Read More From Delishably
- Wash tomato. Roughly chop it. Blend to make a thin puree. Set aside.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Throw in sweet corn kernels. Add some salt. Saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, pepper powder, sugar, and remaining salt. Bring the mix to a nice boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Your favorite sweet corn tomato soup is ready. Pour it to a deep cup. Garnish with a few chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy eating and sipping this crunchy soup!