Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
My mouth is watering even as I write this recipe. This stuffed pepper soup will not disappoint. Of the five soups at the neighborhood soup nights we hosted, this was the one I got the most recipe requests for. It is delicious and rich and hearty and extremely easy to make. Even my husband, who does not eat stuffed peppers, regularly requests this soup.
If you are one of those people who likes to play with recipes, this is a fun one to experiment with. You can add more or different spices, according to your preferences. You can also cook the rice inside the slow cooker for more of a stew/goulash-type meal.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Rating
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups frozen chopped peppers and onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5 cups rice
- Brown and drain the ground beef and place in slow cooker.
- Mix in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, peppers & onions, garlic, basil, and oregano to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook the rice according to directions on its package.
- To serve, put soup in bowl and stir in 1/2 cup rice to each bowl.
- I make a double batch of this soup in my 6 quart crock pot and freeze half for a later meal. Just make sure to freeze it without the rice.
- My husband likes his soup with shredded mozzarella on top.
- If you don't have time to cook this in a slow cooker, check out this recipe for a stove-top version. Her spices and ratios of ingredients are different, but they are also worth trying.