Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
An Easy Wintertime Soup
During the holiday season, my schedule is normally quite packed—but I still need to prepare meals for gatherings at home. For these gatherings, I choose recipes that are simple and quick to prepare without sacrificing taste. My sweet potato carrot soup is normally my go-to dish for these hectic holiday times.
- 1/2 kilo sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 kilo carrots, cubed
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- cinnamon powder, to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the sweet potato, carrot and chicken bouillon cube. Simmer until the potatoes and carrots are soft. Remove from heat.
- With a hand blender, puree the sweet potato and carrot mixture until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
- Add the milk or cream, then stir.
- If the soup is too thick for you, you can thin it out by adding hot water.
- Before serving, sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
- You may serve this soup with slices of toasted French bread. This is good for a bigger crowd.
- You may also serve this in a bread bowl. This is good for a smaller, elegant gathering.
- Aside from cinnamon powder, I have used dehydrated moringa flakes to garnish this soup.
- Try this soup too with some savory crackers like onion or garlic crackers.