I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Dissolve cornstarch into a half cup water; set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds and stir until they crackle. Throw in chopped green chilies and garlic, then sauté until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they're transparent. Add chopped cabbage and chopped carrot, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in 4 cups of water and add salt. Bring to a boil, then pour in cornstarch-water mix, return to a boil, and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Take it off the stove and set aside.
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix once.
- Your lemon and coriander soup is ready to serve! Ladle the hot soup equally into four bowls and enjoy drinking this refreshing, tangy soup!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on July 07, 2017:
Thanks Chitrangada. I treasure your words. This soup is light on your stomach. I am sure it will be a hit. All the best.
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on July 07, 2017:
This sounds delicious and nutritious! Your instructions and pictures are very helpful too.
I would love to make this soup very soon.
Thanks for sharing this well presented hub with details!