I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Dissolve cornstarch into a half cup water; set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds and stir until they crackle. Throw in chopped green chilies and garlic, then sauté until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they're transparent. Add chopped cabbage and chopped carrot, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in 4 cups of water and add salt. Bring to a boil, then pour in cornstarch-water mix, return to a boil, and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Take it off the stove and set aside.
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix once.
- Your lemon and coriander soup is ready to serve! Ladle the hot soup equally into four bowls and enjoy drinking this refreshing, tangy soup!