Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
The weather is getting cooler, and the leaves are changing color. Fall is in the air. It's time for sweaters, lattes, and comfort food. For me, nothing says autumn quite like a steaming bowl of goulash. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes, too. His grandma used to make it every October, and it was always a big hit.
I recently dived into my secret recipe book to find his grandma's famous goulash recipe. It's so easy to make, and our entire family loves it! I like to prep all the ingredients and throw them into the crock-pot to simmer. This also makes it easy to store and heat back up the next day.
This dish would be perfect for a Sunday sit-down meal with the entire family. You could also whip it up and bring it to your next potluck. One thing is for sure—this will easily become everyone's favorite dish, and they will be begging you to make it again and again.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
1 hour 40 min
Serves 4 - 6 people
Read More From Delishably
- 2-3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 bag noodles, any type
- 1-2 cans tomato paste (for thicker goulash, use 2 cans)
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Boil noodles while ground beef cooks.
- Grab your crock-pot. Plug it in and turn it to high.
- Pour the tomato juice into the crock-pot. Add in the tomato paste.
- Finely dice onion and chop up the green pepper.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add it into the crock-pot. Stir. Note: Do not drain the grease. Leave it in the pan.
- Sauté onions and green pepper in ground beef grease.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and add them to the crock-pot. Stir.
- Once onions and peppers are browned, add them into the crock-pot. Stir.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar. Stir well.
- Allow the goulash to simmer in the crock-pot on high for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve heaping bowls of goulash with a side of garlic bread.
- Add in hot sauce or sour cream if desired.
- We like to dip crackers or Fritos scoops into the goulash. Yum!
© 2018 Alyssa