Beetroot Soup With Hemp Seed Cream (Instant Pot & Stovetop Recipes)
For the soup:
- 2 cups peeled and chopped beets
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 cup onions
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
For the hemp seed cream:
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- 1 cup peeled zucchini
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
Step 1: Chop and Peel
- Peel the skins off the beets, apples, carrots, onions and garlic. No need to chop or dice the garlic. Remember to core the apples with a pairing knife!
- Chop the beets, apples, carrots and onions into chunks. The soup is being pureed after cooking and a silky smooth consistency is the desired puree outcome. It is best achieved when the skins are removed.
Step 2: Add to the Pot
Add the beets, apples, carrots, onion, garlic and broth to the Instant Pot or the stovetop pot.
Step 3: Add Seasoning
Add the dried Italian seasoning and sea salt.
Step 4: For Instant Pot Users
- Place the Instant Pot in the vessel, secure the lid, and close the valve.
- Set to the "Pressure Cook" setting for 6 minutes.
Step 4: For Stovetop Users
- For stovetop cooking, place the lid on the pot then turn on the burner to medium-high heat.
- Once brought to a boil, turn the burner down to a low setting and simmer for 45 minutes.
Step 5: Chop the Parsley
While the soup is cooking, prepare the parsley by finely chopping it. Then set it aside for later.
Step 6: Blender Time
- Once the soup is done cooking, add it to a large blender container.
- Then add the fresh parsley.
- Secure the lid and blend at the highest speed until the soup consistency is silky smooth. This may take a couple minutes, so have patience!
Step 7: Hemp Seed Cream
- Once the soup is blended, set it aside while you make the hemp seed cream.
- Peel the zucchini, chop, then add to a small blender cup. Peeling the zucchini simply reduces the green color of the hemp seed cream so that it's more of a traditional cream color. But if you wish to keep the skin on, that's okay! The flavor will not be changed, the cream will just be greener.
- Add the hemp seeds and sea salt to the blender cup and get ready to blend. Do not add any water or other liquids since the water in the zucchini will add the perfect amount of hydration to make the hemp seed concoction creamy rather than runny.
- It make take a few seconds for the blending to get going because there are no added liquids. However, once the zucchini begins getting pulverized, it will blend right up with ease.
- Blend to a silky smooth texture, this may take a couple minutes.
Step 8: Eat and Enjoy
It's time to eat! The soup should still be hot having been kept in the blender container with the lid on. Pour it into your bowl, add the hemp seed cream, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
© 2019 CleanFoodLiving