4 Healthy Vegan Recipes
There are a lot of reasons why we should choose a vegan diet. It is not only good for improving our health, but it's also good for our environment and morals, of course. A plant-based diet must have plenty of vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, beans, whole grains, and fresh fruits because they are rich sources of vitamins and minerals, like zinc, iron, magnesium, and folic acid. Besides, vegan foods are low in saturated fats and cholesterol.
Here I want to share my 4 healthy vegan recipes. They are very easy to cook and good for your health.
#1: Spinach Pasta Salad
With Cilantro, Avocados, Black Beans and Tomatoes
- 1 Box Ditali Pasta - Or Your Choice - Cooked and drained
- 1 Large Container Of Cherry Tomatoes - Sliced In Half
- 1 Can Yellow Hominy - Or Regular Corn
- 2 Large Avocados - Chopped
- 1 Can Black Beans - cooked and drained
- 1 Bag Of Spinach
- 1 Bottle Of Toasted Sesame Vinaigrette Dressing
- Cilantro - Don’t Be Shy
- Oil - If Making Hominy not Corn
- In a large mixing bowl add cooked and drained pasta and cover with the toasted sesame Vinaigrette dressing. Let sit for a few minutes while you cook the Hominy/Corn.
- Then on the stove add a little oil for the hominy in a pan. Heat on medium high heat till slightly browned and soft. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- For corn open and cook in a pot, on medium heat, till soft. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Then in the Large mixing bowl, with the pasta, add hominy/corn, cilantro, avocado and black beans.
- Dishing it up: In bowls, add spinach first and then the pasta mixture on top!
#2: Crispy Chick'n Taco Salad
With Avocados, Limes, Cilantro
- 2 Avocados - Chopped
- 2 Limes - For Juice
- 1 Bag Of Spring Mix Blend Lettuce
- 1 Package Of Portobello Mushrooms - Sliced
- 1 Package Of Gardein Crispy Chick'n Tenders
- 1 Large Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 Bunch Of Cilantro - Chopped
- 1 Package Of Taco Bowls
- 1 Can Of Sliced Olives
- 1 Can El Tapo Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 Tub Tofutti Sour Cream
- Grab 2 separate pans and in one add mushrooms (cook until browned & wilted down).
- Then in the other pan cook Crispy chick'n tenders as directed on package. When fished chop into small chunks.
- Combine: In a taco bowl combine all ingredient!
#3: Bread Bowl Soup
- 4 Round Bread Loafs -
- 1 26oz Can Of Family Size Tomato Soup
- 1 14.5oz Can Of Diced Tomatoes and Jalapenos
- 1 14.5oz Can Of Diced Spicy Red Tomatoes
- 1 Container of Tofutti® Sour Cream
Step 1 - Soup
- In a large pot combine Tomato soup and both cans of diced tomatoes. Heat on medium-high for about 10 minutes. Then add half the container of sour cream into the tomato soup and stir often for 5 more minutes.
Step 2 - Bread Bowl
- Grab the bread loaf and cut the top off. Then cut in as deep as you would like your bowl to go down. Save the bread you pull out of the middle so you can dip it in the soup later!
Step 3 - Plating
- On a plate, place bread bowl and fill up with soup!
#4: Loaded Tomato Soup
Whole tomatoes, golden hominy, Okra, corn, hatched green chili, cilantro and kale.
* You need a blender
- 2 Cans Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, okra and corn
- 1 Can Golden Hominy
- 1/2 Hatched Chili Pepper - Optional
- Vegetable broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crush up tomatoes, then in a separate non-stick pan add 1/2 cup vegetable broth and golden hominy.
- Cook till softened and slightly browned than add salt & pepper to taste
- Then combine in a large pot: Crushed whole tomatoes, Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, okra, corn and golden hominy (after its browned).
- In a blender combine: hatched chili pepper, 1/2 hand full of cilantro & kale with ½ cup of vegetable broth. Finley blend them all together. Then combine into large pot!
- Let it simmer together for 15 -20 minutes. Stir often.
- Serve with bread!!
Always check your ingredients to make sure they are animal-product free.