I am a chronic illness warrior who is always on the lookout for scientifically proven ways to support natural wellness.
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do
I don’t know about you, but for me, Italian Sweetcream CoffeeMate was a major part of my morning coffee experience for decades.
In fact, I’ve been with Italian Sweetcream CoffeeMate longer than I’ve been with my husband. But in recent months, I (like many people) have been making a strong effort to cut back on some of the worst artificial sweeteners, most dairy products (though I will always love kefir), and a lot of grains.
It could have been a tough break-up, going from sugary coffee creamer to something more natural, but I quickly found myself loving this recipe and looking forward to my hot cup(s) of coffee again.
I’ve been with Italian Sweetcream CoffeeMate longer than I’ve been with my husband.
- If you are in the midst of a strict Paleo or Whole30 regimen, be sure to read the ingredients. Some coconut milks and almond milks contain small amounts of sweetener and products to thicken and preserve them. You’ll want bare minimum ingredients.
- For this recipe, you'll need an empty CoffeeMate container.
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat is best!)
- 2 to 3 cups almond milk (depending on the size of your container)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- Shake your coconut milk thoroughly and add the entire can to the empty CoffeeMate container.
- Pour in the almond milk, leaving an inch and a half of room from the top of the container.
- Add in vanilla and stevia.
- Close the lid and shake, shake, shake!
Keeps fresh in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.