Make a Decadent Gluten-Free Cheesecake in 5 Minutes
Get your dessert fix in five minutes!
I've certainly plumped up at home while visiting my folks, but I do it all in the name of research! I can proudly say that any of my mom's gluten-free recipes have been well and truly tested.
Cheesecake—I guess it's kind of hard to make a bad cheesecake, but there are plenty of mediocre recipes floating about, and plenty, to the chagrin of the gluten intolerant among us, that manage to sneak a fair amount of flour into the mix.
Well, here's an everyday cheesecake recipe that takes no forethought, contains no wheat, and tastes very good.
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until everything's combined.
- Scrape the mixture into a medium 8" pie pan.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes, or until the top has set well.
- While it's piping hot, spread the full-fat sour cream. Lower-fat sour creams do not spread well and don't get absorbed by the cooling cheese. The sour cream will stop the cake from cracking.
Enjoy Your Dessert
Yes, this dessert is decadent, but you shouldn't start counting the grams of fat when you make cheesecake. Let the entire thing cool and then slice it to eat. You can also refrigerate this and eat it for days and days. This cake actually tastes better the day after it's baked, making it perfect for an easy entertaining dessert.
I like it topped with fresh fruit or a good homemade jam…and just a little bit of whipped cream on top.