7 Day Gluten Free Diet Plan
4 healthy gluten-free meal ideas for each day of the week!
Are you gluten-intolerant and worrying about not being able to enjoy your favorite foods again? Maybe you've been on a gluten-free diet for quite a long time and you've been avoiding bread since gluten is found mostly in wheat and rye.
A gluten-free diet is restrictive; however it does not mean you have to deprive yourself of the usual foods that you love. Eating a gluten free diet does not have to be challenging, boring, tasteless, or limiting!
In this article I will show you a basic 7 meal plan to start as a reference to all some of the most delicious gluten-free meals you can eat. You’d be surprised to learn how easy it is to prepare gluten-free food. Your taste buds can now resurface again, as you give them the tasting of their lives.
Is a gluten-free diet healthy?
Keep in mind that this plan is designed to provide you with healthy meals. The menus include ingredients that are chocked full of nutrients that your body needs to perform at its optimum level. This is not a weight-loss diet plan, nor is it a short-term fad diet.
You will see that each day starts with a healthy breakfast, a power lunch, coupled with a sensible dinner. Snacks and desserts are also presented. You can find the recipe shown alongside with the pictures, or included as a link underneath the images.
You can mix and chooses, depending on your mood that day or whatever ingredient you have on hand. After all, eating healthy is about having flexibility and knowledge to create and consume delicious foods that are nutrient-rich.
What do you think gluten-intolerant eaters miss the most? Bread and pasta! Who doesn't love a nice crusty piece of sour dough bread or pizza crust? That's what most people on gluten-free diets are faced with. Until they have discovered how to make their own version of "gluten-free" bread and pasta dishes.
Since gluten is a combination of proteins that are found in wheat, barley, and rye, it is the main reason gluten-free eaters have to be careful to avoid. Although oats do not contain gluten, they are often cross-contaminated with wheat.
Even the professional bakers over at King Arthur Flourtook 3 years to develop the perfect gluten-free flour and bread mixes. And they're still working at it!
Don't worry! You can find gluten-free flour at most health stores. Other types of flour that does not contain gluten are coconut flour and almond flour. Be diligent and pay attention to the label "gluten-free" when you buy packaged foods.
Some of the essential ingredients that you can start stocking in your pantry are:
- Coconut flour, almond flour
- Gluten-free soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- Gluten-free sausage (Costco)
- Gluten-free oatmeal
- Brown rice
Gluten-free banana muffins
Brown Rice Ramen with eggs, chives, and mushroom
Gluten-free sphagetti with chicken sausage
Chewy granola bar
My quick pasta recipe:
The "Italian-style" organic, gluten-free chicken sausage can now be found in most Costco stores!
- Chicken sausage
- Gluten-free quinoa spaghetti/penne
- Gluten-free tomato sauce (Trader Joe)
- Mushrooms or zucchini
- Boil and cook pasta, drain.
- Sauté onion and garlic. Add in sausage and sauté until cooked. Add vegetables. Add sauce.
- Mix together and eat!
Coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt), fruit
Gluten free Mac 'n Cheese
Garlic chicken and brown rice
No bake energy bites
Health Food stores
Many health food supermarkets, such as Trader Joe's and Whole Foods carry a wide variety of Gluten-Free food. The problem is not being to find gluten-free foods, but figuring out how to not over spend! With so many choices of delicious entrees, snacks, it's hard to resist!
If you are not familiar with cooking with coconut oil or coconut flour, here's the perfect opportunity to experiment. Coconut oil is versatile and can be used in almost all gluten-free desserts! Coconut flour is high in protein and fiber, making it an ideal substitute for flour in all baked goods recipes. My favorite yogurt is made from coconut milk instead of cow's milk, which is more friendly to my digestive system.
Scrambled organic eggs with tofurkey links
Chili with gluten free cornbread
Grilled salmon with salad or brown rice
Gluten-free banana nut muffins
Seared Salmon with Broccoli
Gluten can be found in soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and condiments like ketchup. Make sure you buy specifically labeled "Gluten-Free" sauce and marinades. They can be found at the health supermarket or cheaper on Amazon.
- Salmon fillet (or any fish you want)
- Gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- Brown rice
- Broccoli of cauliflower
- Marinade salmon with gluten-free teriyaki sauce for at least 15 minutes
- Sear the piece of fish on a non-stick pan (preferably cast iron pan) for roughly 10 minutes on each side. You'd rather "undercook" the fish than overcooking it.
- In the mean time, heat broccoli in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and brocoli
Teriyaki chicken (Crockpot recipe)
Gluten-free Spinach souffle
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut flour. Add shredded cheese and spinach. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown.
Protein pancakes (flourless)
Gluten-free pizza (see video at the end of the article)
Cheesy glutenfree veggie pasta
Handful of almonds (or cashews)
Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes
A gluten-free and low-fat pancake recipe that does not include the use of flour! Cottage cheese adds extra protein, while oatmeal provides fiber. It's very easy and quick to make. Enjoy with pure maple syrup.
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese (or regular)
- 2 cups liquid egg whites (whites from about 12-14 eggs)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Put all of the ingredients together in a blender.
- Let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray, and make pancakes.
Kay's Gluten-free cereal (Amazon)
Crusted talapia and salad
No bake energy balls
MsOlive's Delicious Fruit and Spinach Smoothie
The sweetness of the fruits will mask the "veggie" taste of the spinach!
Blend the following ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh raw spinach
- 3 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 banana
- 6 large strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 of a peeled and seeded orange
- 1/2 tsp Matcha (green tea powder-optional)
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 cup Almond Milk (or regular milk)
Blend until smooth - enjoy! For more smoothie recipes, visit her page here.
Gluten-free crepes with berries
Gluten free pizza
Marinated tofu with spinach
Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
Gluten-free crepes with berries
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Stevia liquid drops (about 5-10 drops)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (sifted)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, stevia, vanilla, and salt. Mix in coconut flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; stir in milk.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. When hot, melt a tiny pat of butter, coconut oil in the pan. Pour 1/8 cup of batter in the skillet and swirl around in pan until a thin layer of batter covers the bottom.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, or until batter is bubbly and cooked around the edges. Flip the crepe and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more, or until done.
- Fill the crepes with the berries and a light dusting of coconut flour, of powdered sugar.
Gluten free chili
More by this Author
This energy bar recipe is easy to make and does not require any cooking! Delicious and nutritious energy bar recipe that does not contain sugar.
Eating a Paleo diet breakfast does not mean eggs every morning! Try a delicious and healthy Pumpkin Pancakes!
Making beef jerky is easy and cost-effective, especially with a dehydrator. Learn how to make your own beef jerky with two of my favorite recipes.