Delicious Vegan Nut Apple Cake
Can baking cakes be easy?
Do you know the disappointment when you fail at baking a really good cake?
I think we all have been there—when you just wanna throw it all away or eat it all instantly with your bare hands.
Well, this cake will not disappoint you. It is easy to make and really tasty. I have made it a couple of times now, and every single time it was marvelous. I am so proud of myself. And hungry again.
- 1 cup wheat or spelt meal
- 1 cup wholesome flour, of any kind (wheat, spelt, rye, gluten free, ...)
- 1 - 2 cup walnut or hazelnut, ground
- 1 cream, (oat, rice, ...)
- 1 cup brown cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa or ground chocolate
- 1 vanilla sugar, or pinch of vanilla
- 1 spoon baking powder
- 2 - 3 apples, grated
- pinch salt
- vegetable milk, if needed
- Mix all the ingredients together. Mix well to make it smooth.
- Let it stand (in the cold) for half an hour.
- Pour into the cake model or larger square model if you want a thinner biscuit.
- Bake for 40 minutes on preheated oven (356 F).
- Wait until it cools down.
- Now you can decorate it as you wish - use marmelade, chocolade, creams, fruits, ... You can also pour it with some apple juice to make it more juicy.
- Cut. Eat. Enjoy :)
How it all started?
We were invited to the birthday party of our daughter's friend. Friend's grandma always makes cakes for her birthday and they were always abnormally delicious. So I was really wondering what cake will we eat this time. I knew we won't be disappointed.
And we weren't! The cake was heavenly. So I really needed the recipe and try it for myself.
Fear of baking
Here I was. I had all the ingredients. Ready. Waiting. Deep inhale and exhale - let's start.
But wait. This is really simple - just mix it all together. All right. I did that. Then I've poured it into the star-shaped cake model. OK, let's see if the oven will destroy the biscuit. Let's wait for 40 minutes.
After the cake was baked here was the surprise - the biscuit was fine, fluffy and yummy looking. I was really happy - all was fine, the baking was successful.
The cake gave me courage so I baked it several times. Great thing is that you can also experiment (with different nuts, creams, toppings, ...). So please give it a try, it really won't disappoint you.