Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Make This Yummy Salad in 18 Minutes!
I had some fresh green peas lying around my kitchen, and they tempted me to make this awesome salad. You can use frozen peas instead of fresh ones if that's what you have. This is a perfect winter soup because it makes you feel warm.
I used coconut oil in this recipe. If you don't want to make it vegan, use butter instead of coconut oil. This salad can also be made as a "gravy soup" because of its texture and consistency.
If you retain a thick consistency, use it as a salad. If thin, consume as a soup. Both are equally delightful. Enjoy the taste.
Read More From Delishably
Is It a Soup or a Salad?
Both! If you want it as a soup, add additional water. If you want this as more of a salad, add less water.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 small cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 small cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes (I used kashmiri red chili powder, which is less hot)
- 1/4 small cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or butter, if you're not making a vegan recipe)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- Salt to taste
- Mix cornflour with 4 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add the minced garlic and diced onions. Saute until you smell the roasted garlic's aroma.
- Add red chili flakes. Mix well.
- Add diced carrots and stir-cook for 1 minute. Throw in green peas and salt. Mix well. Saute for 2 minutes on a low fire.
- Add about 1 cup of water. If you want to have this dish like soup, increase the water quantity.
- Cook the mixture covering the lid for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Open the lid. Add the cornflour mixture and boil for 1 minute. Throw in the chopped dill leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until you get the right consistency.
- Serve hot and enjoy!