Easy Vegan Green Pea and Carrot Salad or Gravy Soup (It's Both!)
Green Pea and Carrot Vegan Salad or Gravy Soup
Make This Yummy Salad in 18 Minutes!
I had some fresh green peas lying around my kitchen, and they tempted me to make this awesome salad. You can use frozen peas instead of fresh ones if that's what you have. This is a perfect winter soup because it makes you feel warm.
I used coconut oil in this recipe. If you don't want to make it vegan, use butter instead of coconut oil.
This salad can also be made as a "gravy soup" because of its texture and consistency.
If you retain a thick consistency, use it as a salad. If thin, consume as a soup. Both are equally delightful. Enjoy the taste.
- 1 small cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 small cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes, I used kashmiri red chili powder(less hot)
- 1/4 small cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil, if you don't want to make it vegan, use butter instead.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- salt to taste
Is It a Soup or a Salad?
Both! If you want it as a soup, add additional water. If you want this as more of a salad, add less water.
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Vegan Green Pea and Carrot Salad:
- Mix corn flour with four tablespoons of water. Keep aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add minced garlic and diced onions. Saute till you smell the roasted garlic's aroma.
- Add red chili flakes. Just stir.
- Add diced carrots. Stir-cook for a minute. Throw in green peas. Add salt. Mix well. Saute for two minutes on a low fire.
- Pour about a cup of water. If you want to have this like a soup, increase the water quantity.
- Cook the mix covering the lid for 4-5 minutes, stirring it occasionally.
- Open the lid. Add corn flour mix. Boil for a minute. Throw in chopped dill leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till you get the right consistency.
- Green pea and carrot vegan salad or gravy soup is ready to serve. Consume it hot. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Green pea and Carrot Vegan Salad or Gravy Soup:
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 38 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|