Easy Hot and Sour Tofu Recipe
This is one of my favourite recipes ever. I make it all the time, especially when I'm having a busy day because it's really easy to make and not at all time consuming. It's also perfect for when you're feeling down because the spicy and sour flavours really brighten your mood!
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. siracha
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- If you're not a fan of spicy food feel free to add less hot sauce/siracha/chili powder or none at all. I've made the non-spicy version before and it still tastes amazing!
- If you are a fan of really spicy food feel free to add more hot sauce/siracha/chili powder or chopped jalapeños.
- If you don't eat tofu use sliced potatoes or vegetables instead of the tofu. I've used both potatoes and different veggies with the sauce and they both tasted great!
- If you don't want to add sugar feel free to substitute it with whichever sweetener you prefer.
- Remove all the excess water from the tofu and cut them into medium sized squares.
- Add oil to a nonstick pan and put the tofu squares on it.
- Sprinkle some salt over the tofu and stir fry till golden-brown and then remove the tofu from the pan and move it to a plate and let it cool.
- Now add the lemon juice, soy sauce, siracha, hot sauce, chili powder and sugar to the pan.
- Start to heat it at medium heat and while that mix the corn flour with about 2 tbsp. of water and add to the mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Once the sauce is thickened mix in the tofu.
- Once it's all mixed well garnish it with the chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
© 2018 Pooja