Pooja is getting her degree in history and loves cooking and creating veganised versions of her favourite foods.
This is one of my favourite recipes ever. I make it all the time (especially when I'm having a busy day) because it's really easy to make and not at all time-consuming. It's also perfect for when you're feeling down because the spicy and sour flavours really brighten your mood!
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Read More From Delishably
- Remove all the excess water from the tofu and cut it into medium-sized squares.
- Add oil to a nonstick pan and put the tofu squares on it.
- Sprinkle some salt over the tofu and stir-fry till golden-brown, then remove the tofu from the pan and move it to a plate. Let it cool.
- Now add the lemon juice, soy sauce, sriracha, hot sauce, chili powder and sugar to the pan.
- Start to heat the pan over medium heat. While doing that, mix the corn flour with about 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Once the sauce is thickened, mix in the tofu.
- Once it's all mixed well, garnish it with the chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
Tips and Substitutions
- If you're not a fan of spicy food, feel free to add less hot sauce/sriracha/chili powder or none at all. I've made the non-spicy version before, and it still tastes amazing!
- If you are a fan of really spicy food, feel free to add more hot sauce/sriracha/chili powder or chopped jalapeños.
- If you don't eat tofu, use sliced potatoes or vegetables instead of the tofu. I've used both potatoes and different veggies with the sauce, and they both tasted great!
- If you don't want to add sugar, feel free to replace it with whichever sweetener you prefer.
© 2018 Pooja