Easy Vegan Eggplant Curry Recipe
Eggplant curry is one of my favourite curries to make. This one is both sweet and spicy. It's delicious and so simple to make plus it's so healthy since the eggplants are steamed! It's also perfect for when you're having friends over because they will absolutely love the taste and textures! Even your non-vegan friends will be asking you for the recipe!
- 4 eggplants, sliced
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- To make the eggplants extra tasty sprinkle some salt over them while you steam them.
- If you like your curries really spicy add some chopped jalapeños and if you don't you can leave out the chili powder.
- You can use lots of things to make it sweet apart from regular sugar like maple syrup, cane sugar etc.
- You can choose to grill, bake or fry the eggplants instead of steaming them but I prefer the steamed ones.
- These measurements will serve about 4 people.
- Steam the eggplants until they are well cooked- this should take approximately 10-20 minutes.
- While the eggplants are steaming stir fry the chopped garlic and white onions until they turn slightly golden.
- Then add the soy sauce, salt (optional), sugar, chili powder and sesame seeds to the garlic and onion mix.
- Once the onion and garlic is mixed with the other ingredients add the eggplant and mix it in too.
- Garnish the curry with the chopped spring onions and serve with rice.
© 2018 Pooja