Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble Recipe
I've always loved tofu, but I'm not a big fan of making breakfast because it usually takes forever. This is such a great recipe to make when you're in a hurry but want a healthy and filling breakfast! Of course, you can make it whenever, but I usually have it for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 a block of soft tofu
- 3 tablespoons of chili sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 piece of ginger, minced
- Add about 2 teaspoons (or however much you prefer) of oil onto a nonstick pan and put it on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and minced ginger to the pan and let them cook for about two minutes.
- Add the rest of the chopped vegetables—except the spring onions—as well as the tofu and salt.
- Let it cook till it's done and then mix in the chili sauce.
- Finally, garnish with the chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Tips and Substitutions
- You can use whichever vegetables you like. I've tried everything from zucchini to eggplant and haven't been disappointed yet.
- If you're lacto-vegetarian, try using paneer instead of tofu.
- The chili sauce is totally optional. It's great if you want to give it a spicy kick, but if you're not that into spicy food, you can totally skip it.
- You can add some minced garlic with the onions and ginger; however, I usually don't because, although I'm sure it'll taste amazing, I don't want to smell like garlic all day.
Let me know how you like this easy vegan tofu scramble recipe and if you have any suggestions on how to make it even better!!
© 2018 Pooja