Joanne Kristin has diplomas in Journalism and Arts and Science from Fanshawe College in Canada.
Easy GF Hamburger Buns
These completely vegetarian and gluten-free hamburger buns are a surprisingly fantastic alternative to the options you'll find at the store. After making this recipe, you'll never go back! It takes a little time, but it's so easy!
Let me show you how it's done.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 40 min
2 hamburger buns (for 2 burgers)
- 4 small zucchinis
- 1 cup baby spinach and arugula
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon Italian spice
- Peel and shred the zucchini. Place it on parchment paper and put it in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes. Stir it around and put it back in for 20 more minutes. Don't worry, it will still have some moisture when you take it out. This is normal. Keep your oven on at 375°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. I used a stand mixer, but it's not necessary; just mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray a little cooking oil on it. Using a cookie-cutter about the size of a bun and make four patty-shaped buns (see photo below).
- Put them in the oven at 375°F for 30 minutes. Flip them. Put them back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- I put the buns in my air fryer after the oven at 400°F for five minutes on each side, but I don't think it was necessary. You can do this or cook them longer in the oven if you think they need it.
- Feel free to add any spices you like. Chili powder or cayenne pepper could add a nice kick, if you like them spicy!
- If you are eating keto, you can substitute the chickpeas for almond flour, or add extra Parmesan cheese instead.
- This is a great recipe for the OMAD diet, too.
© 2021 Joanne Kristin
Thelma Alberts from Germany on May 18, 2021:
Wow! This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Bookmark for later use.