Vegan Curries: Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) and Mixed Veggie Dry Curry Recipe
Fenugreek leaves(methi) and mixed vegetables dry curry
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves three or four people
- 2 big bowls(heaped) fenugreek leaves/methi leaves, separate the leaves from the stem
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum/bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh peas/frozen, optional, I didn't use
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder, store bought-available in Indian stores
- 1 tsp subzi or curry masala, store bought-available in Indian stores
- 1/2 tsp or more salt, as per taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Fenugreek Leaves and Mixed Vegetables Dry Curry
- Wash fenugreek leaves. Pat dry them. They should be completely dry. Otherwise, they may give bitter taste to the curry. Chop them. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Throw in chopped onions. Saute them till golden. Add chopped capsicum. Continue stir-frying till capsicum becomes tender. It may take about 1-2 minutes on high fire.
- Add chopped tomatoes. No need to add water in this curry. Continue cooking the veggies till they become mushy and dry. It may take about 5-6 minutes over medium fire.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves. Stir cook for 2-3 minutes on low fire or till the leaves give out nice aroma. By this time, the content becomes almost dry.
- Add subzi/curry masala powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well. Let the fire be very low. Add sugar. Stir cook for a few seconds. Turn off the fire.
- Fenugreek leaves and mixed vegetables curry is ready to serve. Serve hot curry with roti, chapati, phulka, or with any type of flatbread.
Click thumbnail to view full-size
vegetables are tender now
fenugreek leaves/methi leaves added
spice powder and red chili powder added
fenugreek leaves/methi leaves and mixed vegetables curry