How to Make Cashew Nut Milk (Vegan and Dairy-Free)
Cashew milk is a plant-based milk made from a blend of cashew nuts and water. It is the creamiest of the nut milks and is the most refreshing, in my opinion. Here is everything you need to know about how to make this type of vegan milk at home.
Preparing this milk takes just a couple of minutes. It is a great non-dairy milk alternative that can be used to make tea or coffee, smoothies, and ice cream. It's so creamy and delicious, you can even drink it straight up.
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 2 hours
- 200 ml water
- 2 to 3 dates (optional)
- Wash the cashew nuts thoroughly under running water, then transfer them to a high-speed blender jar.
- Pour in the water, close the jar, and blend until well blended.
- Transfer to a glass bottle, cap it tightly and store in the fridge. It will keep well for 3 days. You may strain the milk before bottling, it but it is not necessary.
- Optional step: Add 2-3 dates to sweeten the milk, if you wish.
How to Make Vegan, Dairy-Free Cashew Milk
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly