How to Bake a Loaf of Gluten-Free Bread With a Bread Machine
It's quite true that gluten-free bread doesn't always the taste the best. It's difficult to find the right combination of ingredients, and texture issues are common. A great gluten-free bread can be hard to come by. Good news: The recipe that follows is simple, straightforward, and pleasing to the palate. In short, it's a great-tasting recipe that you'll be sure to use again and again.
If you're afraid of butter, use cream.— Julia Child
- 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal (optional)
- Add the warm water, yeast, and oil to the bread basket of your bread machine.
- Next, add all three eggs and whisk into the ingredients listed above.
- Now, add the flour and optional ingredients (if desired) on top, but do not mix into the wet ingredients already in the basket.
- Select the gluten-free setting on your bread machine (if it has such a setting) or set the loaf size to large and bake for 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- After baking, remove from the bread machine, remove the dough hook, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Great Ingredients, Great Bread
Aside from taking your time while preparing this bread recipe, be sure to use quality ingredients, too. is what I always use. It's affordable and makes a nice, fluffy, not-too-dense loaf of bread. You can also make your own mixture or try a different flour, such as almond. The great thing about this mix, however, is that it's ready to go and you can trust the quality of the ingredients. Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Bread: The Staff of Life
With this gluten-free bread recipe, you'll have plenty to share and a recipe to come back to over and over again. Be sure to pass it along—and once you've mastered the initial recipe, don't be afraid to add other optional ingredients, such as hemp seeds or flax seeds. Good luck!
Questions & Answers
© 2019 David Cory