How to Cook Eggless Italian Chicken Meatballs
Meatballs are typically made with ground meat mixed with other ingredients like vegetables, seasonings, and binders. As a health-conscious meat lover, I enjoy making meatballs with ground chicken because the meat tends to be leaner.
Binders, which help bind the ingredients together, could be eggs, breadcrumbs, oatmeal, or flour. In my recipe, I replaced the eggs with milk.
- 250 grams chicken, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
- frying pan
- In a bowl, add milk, basil, black pepper, oregano, and salt. Stir.
- Mix in oatmeal. Allow it to absorb all the liquid.
- Add onion, all-purpose flour, and ground chicken. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl. Let the mixture rest inside the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the refrigerator.
- One tablespoon at a time, roll the chicken mixture into balls. Arrange each rolled meatball on a plate.
- Pan-fry the meatballs. Turn meatballs from time to time to evenly cook.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan once all sides have become golden brown.
- Serve with rice or pasta . . . or on their own!
Step-by-Step Procedure: Eggless Italian Chicken Meatballs
Tips and Techniques
- Serve the meatballs with your favorite dip, such as aioli sauce.
- Let the chicken mixture rest to absorb all the flavors.
- Replace oatmeal with breadcrumbs.
- Use the meatballs as toppings for your favorite pasta dish.
Another Healthy Chicken Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Chicken Tocino: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Tocino is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. You can vary the meat used in this dish according to your preference. This is my recipe for homemade chicken tocino.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Travel Chef