How to Cook Eggless Italian Chicken Meatballs
Meatballs are typically made with ground meat mixed with other ingredients like vegetables, seasonings, and binders. As a health-conscious meat lover, I enjoy making meatballs with ground chicken because the meat tends to be leaner.
Binders, which help bind the ingredients together, could be eggs, breadcrumbs, oatmeal, or flour. In my recipe, since I replaced the eggs with milk.
- 250 grams chicken, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowls
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoons
- frying pan
- In a bowl, add milk, basil, black pepper, oregano, and salt. Stir.
- Mix in oatmeal. Allow it to absorb all the liquid.
- Add onion, all-purpose flour, and ground chicken. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl. Let the mixture rest inside the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the refrigerator.
- One tablespoon at a time, roll the chicken mixture into balls. Arrange each rolled meatball on a plate.
- Pan-fry the meatballs. Turn meatballs from time to time to evenly cook.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan once all sides have become golden brown.
- Serve with rice or pasta . . . or on their own!
Step-by-Step Procedure: Eggless Italian Chicken Meatballs
Tips and Techniques
- Serve meatballs with your favorite dip, such as aioli sauce.
- Let the chicken mixture rest to absorb all the flavors.
- Replace oatmeal with breadcrumbs.
- Use meatballs as toppings for your favorite pasta dish.
Another Healthy Chicken Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Chicken Tocino: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Tocino is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. You can vary the meat used in this dish according to your preference. This is my recipe for homemade chicken tocino.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan